Ahavas Chesed is partnering with the New York Blood Center to hold an appointment-only blood drive at the Jewish Children’s Museum! All donors will automatically be entered to win $1,500.
Urgent call for all healthy & eligible BLOOD donors (men & women) as the supply of blood drops to dangerously low levels!
All donors will automatically be entered to win $1,500 in the NYBC Sweepstakes. See official rules HERE.
Ahavas Chesed is partnering with the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and they need our help now! Join in this mitzvah and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for blood is increasing due to the fight against COVID-19 not being over yet. Our brothers and sisters across the country are relying on the blood donations from our community.
To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at the Jewish Children’s Museum!
Tuesday, 27 Marcheshvon, 5782 / November 2, 2021
Jewish Children’s Museum
792 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11213
11:00 am – 9:00 pm
By appointment only! – Register HERE.
Refreshments will be served.
Click here to schedule an appointment if you are available to donate blood and agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– *NEW* May donate immediately after receiving the COVID vaccine.
– Are symptom-free and were not exposed to COVID in the last 14 days.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have official written consent from parent or legal guardian, donors older than 76 must have a note from their doctor permitting them to donate)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years cumulatively in France or Ireland from 1980 to 2001.
– Have not spent more than 3 months cumulatively in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have not donated double red cells in the last 112 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info here and will not be disqualified. (NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (Walk-ins will be welcomed IF space permits).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
– Please allow 20-30 minutes for your donation.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.