Can we communicate chassidus in the language of the lost prince without diminishing its potency?
In an upcoming webinar, Rabbi Tzvi Freeman will share tools, techniques and strategies through practical examples of challenging passages of chassidus. This webinar is for anyone involved in making chassidus accessible in readable English for as many minds and hearts as can be reached.
The course will consist of three 45 minute webinars (including Q&A) with followup assignments. The webinars will take place during three Monday evenings in Cheshvan (6, 13, 20 – Nov. 4, 11, 18). Webinars will begin at 8 pm eastern time.
Here are some of the points that will be addressed:
- How to translate thoughts, not words.
- Techniques to preserve the author’s voice in translation.
- Why metaphor is the secret of the universe—and cannot be replaced by adjectives.
- The simple test for monotony in writing.
- The big picture: Designing a structure for your ideas.
- Words to avoid, words to embrace.
- Strategies for natural versus contrived language.
- Crafting readable sentences and sensible paragraphs.
- How to grab a reader and hold a reader until the last line.
Webinar is organized by Merkaz Anash.
To register, click here.
For more information, email [email protected]