Anash.org feature: A weekly shiur by Dayan Levi Yitzchok Raskin, Rov of Anash in London, explores interesting Torah questions and halachic dilemmas.
The following issues are discussed by Rabbi Raskin in this week’s episode:
- The Dvir is mentioned in ועל הנסים and in מעוז צור. What is the Dvir?
- For Krias HaTorah on Chanukah, the first two Aliyos are of the Nossi whose day (of Nisan) corresponds to the number the day is into Chanukah. The third Aliya reads the Nossi of ‘tomorrow’s number’. Why then is it that during Succos the last Aliya will correspond the sacrifices of that day of Succos? 
- On Day Four of Chanukah, the Baal Korei read for the 1st Aliyah: ביום החמישי. Does he have to redo that Aliya? 
- Would the same ruling apply for Succos? 
- Does the Kallo have to hear the Sheva Brochos? 
- Is it okay to use ready-peeled garlic? 
- May Post-It notes be used on Shabbos? 
- When wrapping the Tefillin, may the straps be wrapped over the knots? 
- BH an anti-Covid vaccine is now being rolled out in the UK, priority being given to the most vulnerable. If given a slot on Shabbos, may one travel on Shabbos in order to be vaccinated?
- Reuven built a rear ground-floor extension. His neighbor Shimon kindly allowed the party wall to be partly on his land but declined to contribute to the building costs since he had no intention of using that party wall. Years later, however, Shimon extends his property and makes good use of the existing party wall. Is Shimon now obliged to pay a fair share of the party wall?