Ahavas Chesed and the Maimonides Medical Center will be holding a blood drive in Crown Heights as supply of blood drops to dangerously low levels.
Urgent call for all healthy & eligible BLOOD donors (men & women) as the supply of blood drops to dangerously low levels!
Ahavas Chesed is partnering with Maimonides Medical Center and they need our help now! Join in this mitzvah and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for blood is increasing due to the fight against COVID-19 not being over yet. Our brothers and sisters across the country are relying on the blood donations from our community. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at United Lubavitcher Yeshiva! Tuesday, 21 Adar 1, 5782 / February 22, 2021
United Lubavitcher Yeshiva
570 Crown Street, Brooklyn, NY 11213
3:00 pm – 9:30 pm
By appointment only! – Register HERE.
Refreshments will be served.
Click here to schedule an appointment if you are available to donate blood and agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– *NEW* May donate immediately after receiving the COVID vaccine.
– Are symptom-free and were not exposed to COVID in the last 14 days.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 17 years old.
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years cumulatively in France or Ireland from 1980 to 2001.
– Have not spent more than 3 months cumulatively in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have not donated double red cells in the last 112 days.
Due to the current public health crisis, MMC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (Walk-ins will be welcomed IF space permits).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
– Please allow 20-30 minutes for your donation.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!