Slater Torah Academy, Louisiana’s only Orthodox Jewish Day School, is seeking a new Head of Elementary School. This unique opportunity is perfect for someone looking to transform the Jewish landscape of an entire city.
Situated in the warm and welcoming Jewish community of New Orleans, well known for its cohesive leadership and achdus, Slater Torah Academy is a K-8 Jewish Day School with a diverse student body comprised of Shluchim, Anash and Mekuravim. Since its 2014 reopening in a new building after Hurricane Katrina, Slater Torah Academy has grown from 26 to 91 students in its early childhood program and elementary school. STA has now outgrown its current space and is in the process of expanding its state-of-the-art facilities to meet the community’s growing needs.
This thriving school seeks an Elementary Head of school, overseeing Judaic and General Studies, who will take the school to the next level.
Slater Torah Academy (STA) offers a quality Kodesh education alongside a rigorous secular program, empowering each graduate to move on to the high school or yeshiva of their choice. The Jewish community is warm and welcoming with all the new necessities a Frum family requires. There is a local eruv, a restaurant, several takeout options, and a wide variety of kosher and chalav yisroel food available. Housing remains extremely affordable, with housing starting as low as $325,000 and larger homes starting at $450,000 in Metairie, where the school is located.
This position is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to have a tremendous impact on the landscape of our city; to grow and shape our school for the next generation, together with our administration and dedicated faculty. If you love chinuch, want to inspire people, and can see the big picture while paying attention to the everyday details, this might be the job for you!
STA is offering a highly competitive salary. This position will be an officially recognized Shlichus under Chabad of Louisiana and Merkos L’Inyonei Chinuch.
● Lead the growth and develop a strong vision for the future.
● Create a positive, inspirational and collaborative learning environment. ● Mentor, support, direct, and inspire the professional growth and development of all faculty and employees, including hiring new staff.
● Promote the school within the greater New Orleans community and to prospective students.
● Actively seek enrollment growth.
● Oversee both Judaic and General Studies curriculums.
● Nurture the STA school community through collaboration with staff, parents and students.
● Proudly represent and demonstrate the mission and values of STA to students, staff, school families, and the community at large.
● Lead the efforts on addressing individual student academic, social and emotional needs.
You are an experienced and passionate educator with the following:
● Master’s degree in education.
● Minimum of two years experience as a teacher.
● Leadership experience in education.
● Knowledge of best practices in the educational field.
● Has a growth mindset and excellent executive skills.
● Seeks to inspire and connect with less-affiliated members of the community through the school.
● Excellent communication skills.
● The ability to lead an executive team with multiple departments.
Reach out to Rabbi Yossi Chesney at 718-913-8336 or [email protected] for the full job description, to submit your CV or with any questions.