Listen: The newest Derher Audio explores the Rebbe’s view on teaching Torah to women, and ensuring that Jewish girls are given proper Jewish schooling and education, a novelty of recent times.
One of the many novelties in recent times is the fact that Jewish girls are given proper Jewish schooling and education.
But it wasn’t always that way. The Gemara itself says that a person should not teach his daughter Torah.
In a fascinating sicha on Erev Lag Ba’omer 5750, the Rebbe offered lengthy insight into why and what women are supposed to learn in today’s day.
The reasons can generally be categorized into two points:
1. Nowadays, the Jewish community is no longer in the “shtetl” and we are exposed to many secular ideas that were previously not prevalent. Therefore, it is imperative that women and girls study Torah to counter the negative forces.
2. We are approaching the time of Moshiach, when, as the Rambam says, “knowledge will increase in abundance.” Furthermore, when Moshiach comes, the special unique qualities of women will be revealed and dominate even more than those of the men.
The latest Derher audio discusses this vital topic in more detail.
You can listen free of charge on the following platforms:
Plus, you’ll enjoy free access to dozens of eye-opening recordings, perfect for your morning commute or while busy with the daily grind.
- Checking Tefillin and Mezuzos
- Teaching Torah to Women
- Elul – The Shining Month
- Breakthrough! What modern technology is really all about
- Sacred and Secure – The Rebbe on Shleimus Haaretz