The Eshel organization for Tishrei guests has released a statement updating the Crown Heights community about the plans for Tishrei this year, and detailing the steps they say they are taking to ensure everyone’s health and wellbeing.
Official Announcement from Eshel Hachnosas Orchim regarding Tishrei 5781
To the residents of Crown Heights,
Due to the situation in the community, and because of the concern of additional outbreaks of Corona, this is to update you about Hachnosas Orchim this year.
- Eshel Hachnosas Orchim has been operating for decades in the community in full cooperation with all the relevant authorities, first and foremost, with the rabbanim, members of the Badatz, doctors in the community led by Dr. Rosen, the gabbaim of 770, schools, etc.
- This year too, especially this year, we spoke with the Badatz and the Gedalia Society (a few months ago) in order to receive guidance regarding what conditions would make it possible for guests to come to the Rebbe for Tishrei.
- In the official update of the Gedalia Society and in a letter from the Badatz it was established that only those who were already sick with Corona or had antibodies could come to the Rebbe. Someone who had not had Corona could not come for reasons of Pikuach Nefesh.
- When we received this information, we worked to update potential guests around the world about these rules. We were in direct contact with Chabad Yeshivos and Chabad rabbanim in Eretz Yisrael and elsewhere, and made it abundantly clear that those who did not meet conditions and the criteria could not come this year.
- To ensure that guests are abiding by the conditions, registration for Hachnosas Orchim this year is conditional upon presenting medical certification of recovery from Corona or of the presence of antibodies.
- During the upcoming month, we will continue to work in full collaboration with the rabbanim and doctors and will make every effort so that all the guests who are registered for Hachnosas Orchim will maintain strict observance of the protocols to protect their health and the health of all residents of Crown Heights.
- It is important to make it clear that the discovery of additional Covid cases this past week took place before guests arrived and have no connection with guests for Tishrei.
With blessings of “and I will remove illness from your midst,” and with prayers that we merit to celebrate the holidays of Tishrei 5781 in Yerushalayim with the Rebbe.
In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.