Electrical Fire Ravages Home in Crown Heights

This past Friday night, a major electrical fire broke out in a home in Crown Heights, causing heavy damage to the home and belongings of 2 families. Ahavas Chesed is spearheading a fundraising campaign to assist them.

This past Friday night there was a terrible fire in Crown Heights. As the family were sitting down to eat their Shabbos dinner, a major electrical fire broke out on the roof of their house. Two families had to be evacuated— a senior couple, and a family with several young children. The families are safe, B”H, but the fire completely destroyed their roof and ceilings, to the point that the sky is visible from several rooms. The windows were smashed, and there was heavy damage to the home in general, as well as to all their possessions.

Ahavas Chesed is spearheading a fundraising campaign to raise $50,000 to urgently assist these two families. They need to be relocated to temporary living quarters and pay rent for at least several months. The entire home has to be gutted, new electrical wiring has to be installed, as well as a new roof and new windows. Although they have insurance, it will not pay for the entire reconstruction.

Please find it in your hearts to give generously to help our dear neighbors and friends who have suffered this tragedy and have been displaced from their homes.

You can donate online at chesedcenter.com If you prefer, you can send a check made out to “Fire Disaster”, to Ahavas Chesed, 720 Lefferts Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity!

Tizku l’mitzvos!

In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)

We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

advertise package