Have unanswered Halachic questions about Purim? The ‘Ask the Rav’ website, collected all of their most commonly asked Purim questions, into a single, easy to navigate database.
By Anash.org reporter
The ‘Ask the Rav’ website collected all of their most commonly asked Purim questions into a single, easy-to-navigate database. These include common questions regarding Machatzis Hashekel, Taanis Esther, Mishloach Manos, Megillah, Matanos L’Evyonim, the Seudah and costumes.
The website features thousands of Halachic Questions and Answers, answered by a team overseen by Harav Yosef Braun of the Crown Heights Beis Din, and directed by Rabbi Levi Goldgrab.
“We know how valuable your time is, so to make sure you have all of your halachic Purim questions figured out, we have divided all of the Purim questions from our database into easy to navigate format,” the Ask the Rav team said.
- Can we read Megilla with a microphone this year (5781), due to Covid?
- Eating Before Megillah
- Can a Sefardi fulfill his biblical obligation of hearing Parashas Zachor in an Ashkenazy shul / Ba’al koreh?
- Is there value in following the Laining of the Megillah with a Chumash in case I miss a word from the Baal Koreh?
- What is the practical approach towards getting drunk on Purim? Is it required? To what extent? Are there restrictions or qualifications?
- When is the best time to make the Seudas Purim when Purim falls out on Friday?
- Can one serve Milchigs for the Purim Seuda?
- Can one eat the Purim meal earlier in the day, If they will be doing Mivtzoim later?
Mishloach Manos and Matanos L’evyonim
- Can I gove Matanos Laevyonim Online Before Purim
- How do we give women on Mivtzoim the opportunity to fulfil the Mitzvah of Mishloach Manos?
- Sending Mishloach Manos through a Shliach
- If I send Mishloach Manos to a child (under Bar/Bas Mitzva), do I fulfill my obligation?