Have unanswered Halachic questions about Chanuka? The ‘Ask the Rav’ website, collected all of their most commonly asked Chanuka questions, into a single, easy to navigate database.
By Anash.org reporter
The ‘Ask the Rav’ website collected all of their most commonly asked Chanuka questions into a single, easy to navigate database.
The website features thousands of Halachic Questions and Answers, answered by a team overseen by Harav Yosef Braun of the Crown Heights Beis Din, and directed by Rabbi Levi Goldgrab.
“We know how valuable your time is, so to make sure you have all of your halachic Chanukah questions figured out we have divided all of the Chanukah questions from our database into easy to navigate format,” the Ask the Rav team said.
Menorah and candles:
- Is Pomace Olive Oil Kosher for Menorah lighting?
- How far apart must Chanukah candles be from one another?
- How much money should I be spending on a Menorah?
- More on the topic of Menorah and candles.
Where to light Menorah:
- Where should I light my Menorah? By the doorpost to our bedroom, or by one of the doorposts that are facing the dining room?
- How many inches high should the Menorah be from the floor?
- I am a single girl living alone in my apartment over Chanukah, should I still light there for myself?
- More on the topic of where to light.
How to light Menorah:
- When is the best time to light the Menorah according to Minhag Chabad?
- Should I relight my Menorah if any of the flames go out?
- Am I allowed to move the Menorah if I think it isn’t safe?
- At what age should a boy start lighting with an oil Menorah?
- More on the topic of how to light.
Common Chanukah Questions:
- When Halacha says that women are Makpid not to do Melachos so long as the candles are burning, which Melachos are we referring to?
- Can a teachers appreciation gift or Chanukah Gelt for teachers come from Maaser?
- Can one play Draidel on Shabbos using beans?
- How should one dispose of the Menorah wicks? How about old Menorahs and oil cups?
- Check out this tag loaded with situations and questions that come up on Chanukah Mivtzoim!