Ahavas Chesed and New York Blood Center will be holding an emergency urgent blood drive next Wednesday in Crown Heights to help meet the demand brought on by the ongoing pandemic.
Ahavas Chesed is partnering with the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and they need our help now! Join in this mitzvah and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for blood is increasing due to the fight against COVID-19 not being over yet. Our brothers and sisters across the country are relying on the blood donations from our community. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will besponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at the Jewish Children’s Museum!
Wednesday, 9 Iyar, 5781 / April 21, 2021
Jewish Children’s Museum – 792 Eastern Parkway
1:30 pm – 7:30 pm
By appointment only!
Refreshments will be served.
Eligible BLOOD donors:
To schedule an appointment, go to https://donate.nybc.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/288791
You must agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– *NEW* Have not received the vaccine in the last 2 weeks.
– Have a negative COVID test after 3 days of quarantine IF you traveled out of NYS other than for work or medical purposes in the last 2 weeks.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have official written consent from parent or legal guardian, donors older than 76 must have a note from their doctor permitting them to donate)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years cumulatively in France or Ireland from 1980 to 2001.
– Have not spent more than 3 months cumulatively in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have not donated double red cells in the last 112 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info here and will not be disqualified. (NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
– The donation process takes approximately 20 minutes.
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins will not be permitted at this time).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.