6 Iyar is the first yahrzeit of R’ Mendel Plotkin, a young father and ba’al chesed from Toronto who passed away at the age of 43. His brother-in-law Rabbi Motti Wilhelm of Portland, Oregon, pays tribute.
By Rabbi Motti Wilhelm – Portland, Oregon
Today, 6 Iyar, is the first yahrzeit of my dear brother-in-law Rabbi Mendel Plotkin a”h. To mark the day, I jotted down 7 thoughts that I imagine Mendel would tell us if he was still with us.
1) Make a loan to someone who can use it.
2) Check my credit cards and make sure I am not paying interest.
3) Pass around a tip of how others can save money.
4) Ensure my wife and children know they are what matter most to me.
5) Find a way in which my home can be filled with more Kedusha.
6) Exude confidence in the life I am living.
7) Know that while this is a major setback, our emunah in Hashem and our commitment to the ways of Chassidus are only more intesified. Mendel would not want me to be Nispoel from this. I hear him saying “go veiter, Moshiach is even closer now!”
Mendel, I miss you. See you soon b’guf gashmi with Moshiach.
In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.