The demand for blood is increasing as many across the country rely on our community’s blood donations. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring a Blood Drive at the Lubavitch Yeshiva.
Urgent call for all healthy eligible BLOOD donors (men & women) as the supply of blood drops to dangerously low levels!
Ahavas Chesed is partnering with Maimonides Medical Center and they need our help now! Join in this mitzvah and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for blood is increasing. Our brothers and sisters across the country are relying on the blood donations from our community. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring a Blood Drive at the Lubavitch Yeshiva, 570 Crown Street!
Monday, 20 Adar, 5783 / March 13, 2023
Lubavitch Yeshiva 570 Crown StreetBrooklyn, NY 11213
3:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Refreshments will be served.
Please click here to schedule an appointment.
Eligible BLOOD donors:
– Must be feeling well and healthy.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16-year-old donors must have official written consent from a parent or legal guardian, donors older than 76 must have a note from their doctor permitting them to donate)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have not donated double red cells in the last 112 days.
– The donation process takes approximately 20 minutes.
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high-iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
Feel free to forward to friends and family, and to post on social media.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
Rabbi Dovid Lieder
In keeping in line with the Rabbonim's policies for websites, we do not allow comments. However, our Rabbonim have approved of including input on articles of substance (Torah, history, memories etc.)
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional information to contribute to this article, it will be added below.