Ahavas Chesed and the New York Blood Center are partnering for a plasma and blood drive which will take place next Tuesday in Oholei Torah ballroom in Crown Heights.
Ahavas Chesed is partnering with the New York Blood Center (NYBC) and they need our help now! Join in this mitzva and save up to 3 lives!
The demand for red blood cells is increasing due to area hospitals resuming elective surgeries. To help meet this demand, Ahavas Chesed will be sponsoring an appointment-only blood drive at the Oholei Torah Ballroom!
Tuesday, Rosh Chodesh Tammuz, 5780 / June 23, 2020
Oholei Torah Ballroom
667 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11213
2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
By appointment only!
Refreshments will be served.
Please click here to schedule an appointment if you are available to donate blood and agree to the following:
– Feeling well and healthy.
– Not currently pregnant.
– Are at least 16 years old. (16 year old donors must have official written consent from parent or legal guardian)
– Weigh more than 110 pounds.
– Have not spent more than 5 years cumulatively in France or Ireland from 1980 to 2001.
– Have not spent more than 3 months cumulatively in the United Kingdom from 1980 to 1996.
– Have not donated plasma in the last 28 days.
– Have not donated blood in the last 56 days.
– Have reviewed the travel and medical criteria info here and will not be disqualified. (The NYBC is available to clarify any medical or travel-related questions. Please call them at 800.688.0900.)
PLASMA DONATION INSTRUCTIONS
If you tested positive for COVID-19 or tested positive for antibodies, the plasma portion of your whole blood donation will be used for convalescent plasma.
– The answer to “Did you test positive for COVID-19” is YES even if you just tested for antibodies.
– Please upload your test results in the upload documentation area.
– There will be a dropdown menu under referring organization, you must choose Ahavas Chesed.
– NYBC will only contact you if there’s a problem with your documentation. Your scheduled time slot will be the one you chose in the “REGISTER HERE” link.
Due to the current public health crisis, NYBC has implemented several safety and social distancing procedures.
– All donors MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT (walk-ins will not be permitted at this time).
– Wear a mask and come alone (no additional guests will be allowed to enter the location).
– Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID or your Donor ID card.
Tips to be a successful donor:
– Eat a high iron diet and hydrate well for at least 3 days prior to donating.
– Get a good night’s rest.
Feel free to forward to friends and family.
We look forward to seeing you! Thank you for saving lives with us!
The Plasma Save-a-Life Team