On Monday, the Crown Heights Rabbonim issued a letter extending the closure of shuls and prohibiting public biur chometz.
By Anash.org reporter
The letter, dated 12 Nissan 5780 – April 6, 2020, is signed by Rabbi Osdoba and Rabbi Braun (Rabbi Schwei – Aharon Yaakov ben Bunia – still needs a refuah sheleima). In it, the Rabbonim require shuls and mikvaos to remain closed and ban gatherings for the sake of burning chometz.
Here is the text of the letter:
Further to our previous public notices of 21 Adar and 23 Adar of this year, with regard to the closing of shules, outdoor minyanim, and men’s Mikvaos:
After further consultation with medical experts and civil authorities, we are hereby EXTENDING THIS CLOSURE into the Yom Tov of Pesach.
Accordingly, until further notice:
1. All Shuls must remain closed over Pesach.
2. No-one should gather in any location, indoors or outdoors, to make a minyan for davening.
3. The men’s Mikvaos must remain closed.
4. Visiting family or friends over Pesach could result in Sakonas Nefashos Mamosh ח”ו and should not be done. This especially true regarding visiting older people.
5. It is not permitted to gather for burning the chametz this year.
The Rabbonim have issued guidelines to dispose of the ten small pieces of chametz (totaling a kezayis) found in the search by burning them in a chametz’dike toaster or (charcoal or gas) grill. If that is not possible, the chametz may be flushed away.
Those who can safely burn their chametz in a tin can in their private backyard are reminded that Hatzalah has many calls Erev Pesach every year because of burns רח”ל . Please keep your children at a safe distance from any flame and do not leave the hot can where children could pick it up.
Remember to make an Eruv Tavshilin.
A Kosher and Happy Pesach א כשר און פרייליכען פסח