Levaya information for Tuesday: Mrs. Mazal Flinkenstein and Shloimy Jacobson. The Chevra Kadisha has issued guidelines for all Levayas.
The Levaya of Mrs. Mazal Flinkenstein, will take place today, passing 770 at 12 pm.
The Levaya of Shloimy Jacobson, will take place today, passing 770 at 1pm. It will pass 668 Lefferets Ave at 1:05.
Important guidelines by the Chevra Kadisha for a Levaya ר”ל
Due to the current situation, we have to bring to the attention of the public שי’ the current guidelines that must be adhered to.
- As the chapel is closed to the public, the family will not go to the chapel for Kriah, Mechilah, and Tehillim. These will take place at the cemetery prior to the Kvura.
- The first stop will be 770.
- Other stops in Crown Heights will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
- At 770 and any other stop in Crown Heights, there is no need to go over to the Aron to ask for Mechila. It can be done from far away; a porch, a front door etc. Coming too close can cause risk to multiple individuals. At no time may anyone gather around the car of the niftar/es. No one may come within 10 feet of the car. These stops will last for one minute only and the back door of the car will not be opened.
- In the event that there is a family member who needs to do Kriah and he/she is not able to go to the cemetery, a stop will be arranged in front of their house, and only he/she will perform Kria in Crown Heights.
- At the cemetery, only up to 10 men will be allowed, including the Aveilim. If female Aveilos are present, there may only be up to 10 women, including the Aveilos.
- Unless it is for an immediate relative, there should be no FaceTiming of Levayos. It is a Bizayon for the Niftar and -Lehavdil- the living (unless it’s strictly for family). Obviously, these are not to be recorded or forwarded.
בברכה שיקויים הייעוד ומחה ה’ דמעה מעל כל פנים, והקיצו ורננו שוכני עפר.