Standing thirty days before Gimmel Tammuz, chassidim have begun preparing for the 26th yom hilula of the Rebbe. Ohr Vechom has launched a website with resources to help prepare.
Today, Gimmel Sivan, marks the start of 30 days of preparation for the 26th Hilula of the Rebbe on Gimmel Tammuz.
Following the first Yahrtzeit of the Friediker Rebbe, the Rebbe wrote in a letter addressed to all Chassidim;
“Our yearning is intensifying, for the summer has ended, the winter is passing, and we have not been saved.
On the other hand, there is reason to be anxious that habituation may make this yearning grow stale, and that the light and heat of the bond that chassidim have with our Nasi, with his teachings and with his directives — all of which are one and the same — will progressively fade, G‑d forbid.
Concerning the Giving of the Torah, Moshe Rabbeinu says, “these words which I command you this day,” and this means “like a new royal edict that everyone runs to see.” Likewise, concerning the mitzvos, Moshe Rabbeinu says, “my commandments which I command you this day,” and this means that “they should be as new for you as if you had heard them today.”
To assist Chassidim in following the Rebbe’s words, and keep our Hiskashrus strong despite the dark Galus, Vaad Or Vechom Hahiskashrus presents the following resources for you, your family and community to use as we prepare for the upcoming Yom Hahilula in 30 days.
- Log on to OrVechom.com/Hachana for all resources connected to preparing for Gimmel Tammuz.
- Sign up for updates about new programs being prepared by Vaad Or Vechom for Gimmel Tammuz this year.
- Use the many resources provided; gather together with your family at home, or virtually with your community, to prepare for Gimmel Tammuz.
Some suggested highlights from the many resources available:
- Learn Sichos and letters from the Rebbe in connected to the day
- Watch featured videos for all ages
- Read articles in English and Hebrew
- Dedicated children’s section, resources for communities and more.
All at OrVechom.com/Hachana
Watch an excerpt from a Sicha about 30 days of preparation for the Yom Hahilula
Watch an hour of Hisorerus in preparation for Gimmel Tammuz from Or Vechom Hahiskashrus, from 3 Sivan 5779.
May we merit to be reunited with the Rebbe physically, with the coming of Moshiach now!