We are a warm, frum family that relocated from Brooklyn, NY to rural Bethlehem in the White Mountains of New Hampshire due to Covid-19.
We are looking for a young rabbinic couple (with or without children) to join us for the year to help us care for and educate our beautiful children – 4 boys ages 9, 6, 3 and 1.
– Provide daily, meaningful chinuch for our boys – ranging from more substantial chinuch for our eldest (mishnah, halachah, tanach, tefillah, etc) to more experiential for the younger ones (stories, songs, projects, etc) and general role-modeling (they will be attending a local non-Jewish school during the day)
– Transporting children to local schools and other activities
– Loving care for our baby (and 3 year old if he doesn’t attend local kindergarten)
– Meal prep for shabbos and yom tov, maybe 1-2 other days a week
Annual salary would be around $50-60k in cash (note: no state income tax in NH) and access to our extra car (including on yomim tovim and vacations). We would help you find a local property to rent (typically, a 3 bed/2 bath home with outdoor space can be found for ~$1,800/month).
We believe this could be a lovely opportunity for a young couple considering shlichus and chinuch roles and would afford ample time for independent Torah study and natural recreation in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. It could easily be paired with other part-time, on-line roles.
About Bethlehem, NH:
– We are located minutes away from mountains, lakes, hiking and skiing; about 2 hours from Boston and 4.5 hours from NYC.
– In the summer, there is an active Satmar shul, beis medrash, mikveh and kosher grocery. Some kosher resorts may also open in the winter. In the off-season, there is no frum Jewish community. Many kosher items are available at local grocery chains. We also make occasional visits to NYC or Boston to stock up on kosher items. When Satmar mikveh is closed, nearest heated mikveh is about 2 hours away in Burlington, VT or Lowell, MA; alternatively, several local lakes are kosher for mikveh (when not too cold!)
– Nearest Chabads are in Manchester, NH and Hanover, NH, about 1-1.5 hours away
To learn more or to apply, please contact us at email@example.com or WhatsApp us at 781.228.3252- we would love to connect!
Job description also available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sqH2bIVK-nrdNzyEGEpd-RF-sNttHrolYEfY4A02dww/edit?usp=sharing