Center City Jewish Preschool in Philadelphia is seeking an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative individual to join our community beginning with the 2020-2021 academic year. Our educational philosophy is inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach where we strive to engage the interests and skills of each individual child. Jewish values and traditions drive the school curriculum, environment, and culture.
We seek educators who provide nurturing guidance through modeling and through essential teacher-student relationships. This is possible when teachers get to know their students, care about them, and see them each as individuals. It is in this essential teacher-student relationship that profound learning and great aspirations take root and blossom.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of the group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations set by the Director, the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and works well as part of a team.
- Encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Meets all requirements of child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching experience and credentials for early childhood education
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- knowledge of Jewish rituals, traditions and best practices in early childhood education
- Positive approach to work and co-workers
- Energetic, creative, responsible, flexible and LOVES CHILDREN!
Hours: 8:00 AM to 3:00/5:00 PM. Salary is based on education and experience.
When contacting us, please include your resume and 2 professional references.
Center City Jewish Preschool