Day Habilitation Manager—Full Time
Facilitates the day to day operations of the Home and Community Based Services Day Habilitation program for Mishkon a division of The Jewish Board. Using the Person Centered Planning approach, the Day Habilitation Manager will develop and coordinate activities for individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities both on and off site in order to provide an enriching day time environment. The Day Habilitation Manager will hire and supervise Day Habilitation staff, known as Habilitation Support Professionals (HSP) and liaise with clients, advocates and other service providers on an ongoing basis for continuity of support.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- The manager will collaborate with interdisciplinary team on an ongoing basis as well as host and lead a minimum of twice yearly interdisciplinary team meetings with individuals, their advocates and professionals to develop a meaningful curriculum for each client and group
- Develop and write the Day Habilitation Plan and Checklist that details client goals and documents progress and ensure that programming occurs per regulatory standards, a majority of time in the community.
- Hire, train, supervise, mentor, support and evaluate the HSP staff; review documentation HSP’s write for OPWDD.
- Fiscal responsibilities include billing, overseeing time sheet review and time off requests
- Community outreach and program expansion as well as attend trainings to remain current in programmatic expectations; OPWDD and IAC.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
BA required, Master’s degree preferred and 3-5 years’ working with the intellectually/developmentally disabled population. The candidate must have strong organizational skills, work well with people and have excellent computer skills.
Salary plus full benefits package
Please submit resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org apply: https://jewishboard.jobs.net/en-US/job/day-habilitation-manager/J3Q0FR6TQ56J37FTD3Z